Our Organization
Past Newsletters
Join or Renew
Contact Us
Event Schedule
Events & Meetings
Poker Runs
Volunteer Sign-up Sheet
Flying in Northern VA
Video: Club 1 PPGs
Video: Club 1 Trike
Northern VA Airfields
Hangar Availability
Members & their Aircraft
Warrenton Airpark Rules
Intellicast Windcast
Balloonists' Wind Forecast
Wind Speeds Last Year
Flight Planning
AirNav (airports)
Club 1 By-Laws
Other Clubs
Other resources
Departed members

This website is supported by a gift in honor of Ed Lynch

Site maintained by
Club 1 Member Steve Beste


National Organizations

  • U.S. Powered Paraglider Association. An active organization devoted to PPGs. If you fly a PPG, you should join the USPPA and support them as a voice for the sport.

  • U.S. Ultralight Assocation. USUA largely collapsed with the arrival of the new Sport Pilot regulations in 2007. The local clubs that were originally affiliated with USUA - like Club 1, the first USUA club - now mostly continue on their own. The national USUA has been taken over by Roy Beisswenger as a one-man operation. The web site is quite out of date, especially as regards the current Federal regulations that apply to us. USUA still has an insurance program that provides the only liability insurance available for most trikes and former ultralight aiplanes.

  • Experimental Aircraft Association. The EAA is the largest and most effective voice for light flying in the country. Their various magazines and online newsletters are excellent. Their focus is on airplanes with only a little on trikes, and practically none on PPCs or PPGs. But you should join them nonetheless since they have a good relationship with the Feds.

  • Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. AOPA is mostly the voice of corporate flying and high-end "general aviation" (GA) aircraft. We are not on their radar. But AOPA has an effective lobby with Congress from which we benefit. They also have extensive member services

Magazines & Newsletters

  • Ultralight and Light Sport Flying magazine.

  • Powered Sport Flying Magazine (formerly Ultraflight magazine). This covers powered paragliders, powered parachutes, ultralights, light sport aircraft, weight-shift control trikes, and personal rotorcraft in every issue. It's the official magazine of both the USPPA and USUA.

  • EAA. The EAA publishes several magazines, both online and in paper. You choose which ones you want as part of your membership enrollment.

  • Terri Sipantzi's newsletter. Terri Sipantzi is one of our local (well, Lynchburg) trike instructors. He's also a distributor for Airborne trikes and publishes an excellent online newsletter. Ask him to put you on his email list. If you fly a trike, you should be getting this.

Online Discussion Groups

  • Trikepilot Social. This is one of the more active trike forums online. It specializes in videos and has a worldwide membership.

Taxes and Registration

  1. Virginia Non Commerical License Application form   (Adobe pdf format)

  2. Virginia Aircraft and Use Tax Return form   (Adobe pdf format)

  3. Bill of Sale Template and Checklist (Adobe pdf format)

  4. N-Numbers and Aircraft Registration