Hangars are in short supply in Northern Virginia.
Excluded here are Leesburg (KJYO) and Manassas (KHEF), as these are inside the Washington Special Flight
Rules Area (the large hash-marked circle on the map). A transponder and flight plan are required for every flight,
which makes them unattractive for light flying.
Notes on the table below
- Airport. Click on the airport name to see a description of the field in AirNav.
- Distance. These are travel times in hours:minutes from the intersection of the Beltway and I-66.
Rush-hour times will be significantly worse, especially on I-95.
Click on the time values to go to Google Maps at that airport. Use Google Maps to calculate your own times.
- Rents. All prices are monthly rental rates.
- Hangar Types
- Sliding - Older hangar with manually sliding door. May or may not have concrete floor and electricity.
- Electric - Modern hangar with concrete floor, lights, and an electric door, usually vertical bi-fold.
- Heat & Water - An electric hangar with gas heat and running water.
Click on map for a larger image.